2 + 1 = 3 :)

Tomorrow we finally get to meet our precious Lily. I cannot take this huge grin off my face. I was really nervous all day….it hit me after our morning doctor’s visit that it would no longer be just Mike and I. We would have an actual human depending on us for the rest of our lives.

I was, and still am, scared/nervous for the actual labor process. There WILL be an epidural…kudos to those women out there that can push out a watermelon without the need for pain meds…..I am not that kind of woman and never will be.

I cry over paper cuts people.

I wonder how long I will last, how long labor will be, and most importantly if I will be able to go the non-c section route. Whatever is safest for Lily will have to do but I would love not having to deal with post surgery Amy. If I cry over paper cuts, imagine how I am after surgery!

Having this huge grin is a total 180 from how I have been over the last two weeks, especially the last week! I have heard that the end of my pregnancy will be hard, and that I will be so tired ….well it was actually unbearable for me.

This was not an easy pregnancy and towards the end almost everyday I was experiencing something new or more difficulties with the symptoms I was already having.

It was such a mind game I wasn’t prepared for. You see I am a MAJOR planner, and the game began at our 36 week check up when I was surprised to find that I was already 70% effaced. It seemed everyone I spoke to said wow you could go early…so the planner in me started to prepare myself for that scenario.

At 37 weeks I was 75% effaced and already dilated 1 cm! People began to bet I would go at 38 weeks….so I got even more excited.

At 38 weeks I had no change. The doctor even stripped my membrane to help induce labor. It doesn’t always work but if it does you are expected to have the baby within 3 days. It was a very painful procedure, but I didn’t care. All I wanted was to be done and have my baby! Four days later no baby…I hit a standstill but was still hopeful that I would go before 40 weeks.

At 39 weeks I hit 2-3 cm and 80%- I thought for sure I would go at any point!!! That doctor tried to strip my membrane again just to see if it would work…this time it was even more painful and what do you know, it did not work.

At 40 weeks no change again!!! There I am, Mrs. planner, all ready for baby because of all these signs of being dilated and getting my membrane stripped, and then nothing….I was so emotional.

I had family and friends email, text and call daily wondering when she would be born. One day I had had it and did not answer my phone, not even for my dad. I called my mom sobbing, “I have NO clue when she is coming, I am going to be pregnant forever, I want people to stop asking!” (Waaaaaa poor me!)

I understand and appreciate all the caring friends and family I have. But to a 40 week pregnant woman- the calls/texts/emails were a constant reminder that I was still pregnant.

It has been so tough because I felt like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel each week, and NOW I do!

Now I smile instead of cry because tomorrow it all comes to an end and I finally get to meet this child inside me.

I kept myself busy all day and didn’t take a nap so I could hopefully get some sleep tonight. I will be surprised if I get two hours….I am so pumped. We have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 6:15 to start the induction! June 21st will be my baby’s birth date! I need to stop bogging and finish packing Mike’s bag, mine has been packed for weeks;)

1 Comment

One Trackback

  1. By Lily & Bliss | Is She Really Almost 2? on June 21, 2013 at 1:28 pm

    […] My nerves were through the roof the night before the birth…read about that here… […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with an *