It is summer time and that means tomato season is here!!! This tomato side dish can be made at any time of the year really, but this recipe is especially great for summer BBQs!
Simple, quick, tasty and only five ingredients….can’t all recipes be like this!??! All you need is cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and vinaigrette. I am a little obsessed with Paul Newman’s Light Balsamic dressing. It is my go to dressing for everything! I also love Paul Newman’s light Italian dressing! I had more balsamic so that is what I used.
I had about six adults at our BBQ so I used 2 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 2 avocados, and one onion. If it was just us I would only use 1 cucumber, 1-2 tomatoes, ½ avocado, and red onion. The great thing about this dish is that you can use however much of each ingredient that you like best! So here you go
Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad
Dressing – balsamic or italian
- I completely peel my cucumbers and then slice them. I cut the slices in half, sometimes in fourths if I want to give Lily some!
- Cut up your tomato- I like bigger chunks.
- Cut your red onion. Now Mike is not a big onion eater so I make large chunks so he can eat around them. I would highly recommend that you keep the onions in the dish as it adds great flavor. But if you are not a fan you can leave them out.
- Drizzle your dressing over ingredients and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to sit for an hour. Another great thing about this dish is that you can immediately serve this and it still tastes great!
- Once you are ready to serve cut up your avocado and mix it in. Again I like making the avocado chunkier. Add more dressing if needed!