I have become obsessed with faux mini pizzas! I took the steps from Skinny Taste, but there are tons of similar recipes. These mini pizzas are a healthier option than the classic Bagel Bites.
Besides pouring some salsa in a bowl and opening a bag of chips, this recipe has to be one of the easiest gameday (or any day) dishes to prepare!
Best part…it’s delicious and healthy!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Pizza sauce or pasta sauce (I used Bertoli’s Olive Oil, Basil & Garlic)
Shredded part-skim mozzarilla
Optional: Turkey pepperoni , black olives, avocado, ham & pineapple…possibilities are endless! You could even do pesto instead of pasta sauce…yum!
- Place your oven on Broil.
- Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini about ¼ inch thick and lay on cookie sheet.
- Spray the top of the zucchini with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt & pepper (do NOT use table salt…go kosher or sea salt). Flip the zucchini over and season the same way.
- Place in the oven and broil for two minutes. Turn them over and broil for another 2 minutes.
- Place pizza sauce or pasta sauce on top, sprinkle with cheese and then add any other toppings.
- Broil again until cheese is melted 1-2 minutes.