When I was going through the 30-day eat clean challenge (read here) I was tempted by so many delicious recipes on Pinterest and now that I’m done with that challenge I decided to treat myself and some friends to a Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake last night. There is a Chocolate Better Than Sex Cake (see here) that has circled Pinterest that I’m dying to try, but since it was Halloween I went for the pumpkin choice!
The steps for this cake are just like my Chilled Coconut Cake I posted here. Any kind of moist fluffy cake that marinates in sweet condensed milk topped with other sweet goodies = thebomb.com. But Mike gave this recipe the “thebomb.com/awesome” title. Yes we are complete dorks…but the title fits. I warn you…this cake is dangerous!
Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small can pumpkin puree
1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 – 8 oz. tub cool whip
Heath Bits (found near baking items)
Caramel Sundae Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix the pumpkin puree and the cake mix with a hand mixer until smooth. ONLY mix the dry cake mix with the pumpkin, do not add in any of the ingredients the box calls for. Once the batter is smooth, beat for one more minute (this makes the cake more fluffy!).
- Pour the mix into the baking dish and bake according to the directions on the box. Tip: bake to the minimum time and test with a toothpick, you can always bake it a little longer if it’s not ready!
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes and then take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all over.
- Poor the entire can of the sweetened condensed milk over the cake and spread it with a spatula. Cover dish with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for hours. The longer the better! Best advice is to let it sit over night, or from early in the am for a night time serving!
- Spread the Cool Whip on top.
- Then drizzle the caramel sauce over. Drizzle as much as you want!
- Sprinkle Heath bits on top, again sprinkle as much as you want!
- Serve a slice and try not to eat the entire cake
- BTW you could try a spice cake mix instead of the yellow mix to try something different!