This recipe is beyond simple, protein packed and tastes great the next day! Our family of three couldn’t polish off an entire 13×9 so we saved it for breakfast the next day!
Busy in the mornings? No problem! You can prepare this dish the night before (don’t cook it!), wrap it in plastic wrap and before you get in the shower pop it in the oven!
Southwest Hash Bake
2 cups egg whites
½ cup milk
1 can (11 oz.) corn, drain & rinsed
1 can (15 0z.) black beans, drained & rinsed
1 package (around 1 lb) shredded hash browns (I buy Simply Potatoes)
½ cup bell pepper, chopped (any color you want!)
1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese (you can use any cheese you want or whats on sale!)
Garnish: chopped cilantro and chunky salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix egg whites and milk.
- Add hash browns, corn, black beans, bell pepper, ¾ cup of cheese and mix.
- Pour into the greased dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and spoon some chunky salsa on top! Or if you like spicy add some Cholula like my husband does! Since I did not add salt to this recipe to keep it healthy the salsa helps give it the salty taste it lacks!